banner by Kaory
Latest News:

"Breaker of Chains" thread
4x04 promo
Welcome! Please log in or sign up.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
You know you're obsessed with J/B when...
Topic Started: May 10 2013, 05:29 PM (5,485 Views)
zsra187
Member Avatar
True Knight
... all the videos that are 'recommended for you' on Youtube are every single Jaime and Brienne scene.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jennifer
Member Avatar
Page
... you check for new J/B fanfiction more often than you check your phone.

tamjlee
True Knight
That you are well behind on important correspondence and e-mails because your allotted computer time is being taken up by gabbing on this forum, reading fanfiction and searching for or looking at gifs that you have already seen more times then necessary.Not to mention your house is a mess and the only extracurricular activities you take your kids to has to have Wi-Fi so you can keep up with the internet and still look like you're not completely neglecting the kids.

Also my foster kids have a standing Sun. visit with their aunt.Pick-up time used to be 6:00, but one time she needed it extended to 7:30.It was perfect for me because it meant I could watch the eastcoast feed of GOT at 6:00 ( pacific standard time is my zone) without kid interruptions (normally I couldn't watch it until 10:00). Now being the generous, unselfish person I am, I have allowed all visits to end at this time.Maybe this Sun. I should make pick-up 8:00, so I can also read all the forum discussions........it is Mother's Day after all, it could be their gift to me; haha.
Edited by tamjlee, May 10 2013, 06:37 PM.

Currawong
Member Avatar
True Knight
... you have Monday afternoons 'booked out and unavailable for anything' in your calendar the entire period of Season 3 so that you can watch GoT in peace! (with time differences, it screens here only an hour after it screens on west coast USA)

rose-papillon
Member Avatar
Squire
...when you request to have Monday's off work so you can see the new episode as soon as it's available online.
(I'm allowed to choose what days I want off three weeks in advance, and lately, that's been Mondays XD)

Yuuko
Member Avatar
Witch
jennifer
May 10 2013, 05:52 PM
... you check for new J/B fanfiction more often than you check your phone.
and when you check your phone it's only to check for more fanfiction/gifs/videos

strychnine
Member Avatar
Page
When I say something like "WRITING IS HARD" in frustration and my boyfriend asks if I'm writing essays for uni and I have to admit that I'm actually writing j/b fanfic?

memorde
Member Avatar
Squire
... when you hear that there's a staff strike at uni on Tuesday and your first thought is "oh good, I'll need a day off to recover from the Bear Pit Scene."

(The sad part is at least one of my lectures is going ahead anyway. The even sadder part is that I should be writing an essay with my time off.)

Boleyn
Member Avatar
Administrator

When you pass a tattoo parlor and wonder where on your body their names would look best.... :P

And when there are thunderstorms in the forecast and you worry about losing electricity during the episode.

Lady Hazel
Peasant
... when you check this forum 10 times or more a day. Seriously.

And I'm not only consciously obsessed about them. Apparently, my subconscious is also obsessed with J/B because I DREAMT about them last night.

Yuuko
Member Avatar
Witch
now you HAVE to share that dream

zsra187
Member Avatar
True Knight
... when you spend a good twenty minutes of each day wondering how many children they'd have, whether they'd be boys or girls, what they'd look like, what they'd name them, who they'd take after, etc. etc.

Sylvia
Sparrow
When you visit this forum daily, google J/B daily and try to figure out which of your favourite songs reflect J/B. :luv:

Yuuko
Member Avatar
Witch
when you are listening to a nice song and then say, this would go well with X J/Bfanfic
Edited by Yuuko, May 11 2013, 02:29 PM.

Currawong
Member Avatar
True Knight
Boleyn
May 11 2013, 07:40 AM
And when there are thunderstorms in the forecast and you worry about losing electricity during the episode.
Losing RL electricity?

Nah - a true J/B shipper immediately imagines the 'electricity' involved if Brienne and Jaime get caught in a storm and have to take shelter ... and then starts thinking of fanfics or writing prompts :P

Boleyn
Member Avatar
Administrator

^ I'll try to keep that in mind! :lol:

memorde
Member Avatar
Squire
... when you're translating some Latin and the word "bear" comes up and you spend a good while giggling because bear.

Incidentally, my high school was on a site that used to be a zoo, and the old bear pit was still prominent on school grounds. I'm almost glad I wasn't into asoiaf back then because I would have insisted on sitting by it every lunch time and whenever I saw it I would have entered fangirl mode. You know you're obsessed when you make these connections in hindsight too.

Lady Hazel
Peasant
Yuuko
May 11 2013, 11:52 AM
now you HAVE to share that dream
Hahah, sure! :lol:

In my dream, Jaime and Brienne were riding with other KG men when they stopped to rest in the middle of a forest. Then, Brienne said she needed to take a bath and there was in fact a bathtub installed out of nowhere (you know, the absurdity of dreams...).
But of course, Brienne wasn't convinced to take a bath there since Jaime's men would see her naked. Jaime told her he was going to stand by her side and keep watch in the case any of them got near the bathtub. At first, Brienne protested, saying that he (Jaime) would also see her as her nameday. The kingslayer replied something like: "Wench, I've already seen every inch of your skin so there's no need to be shy". So yeah, Jaime behaved like a gentleman and saved Brienne's virtue :luv:

It's a pity I didn't get naked Jaime as well, but oh well, maybe in my next J/B dream? :blush:

Yuuko
Member Avatar
Witch
that is a fantastic dream n_n
I dreamed that I had a copy of the new book and that I read it in a day (impossible) and then though somehow J/B survived and then better hints of their feelings were displayed I wasn't convinced at all that this was the real continuation of ADwD
I even said "ok, this title isn't even the one he said he was going to give to the book, something's fishy" and I ended up being convinced in my dream that I was reading just a huge fanfiction that pretend to be the book, how boring

goldstraw
Member Avatar
True Knight
ha... i had a dream last night where i spotted Gwendoline randomly in the street and being the ultimate fangirl, i ran up to her asking for autographs and pictures but she was soo cool about it that we just became friends and hung out!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Shipping Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Disclaimer: Jaime/Brienne Online is a non-profit forum by and for the fans for entertainment purposes only. It is not affiliated
with George R.R. Martin or HBO. Content is subject to Fair Use, and no copyright infringements are intended. ®2012-2014